We all know the importance of eating a healthy and balanced diet, but lack of time due to today’s busy lifestyle means that we usually can’t prepare healthy meals as often as we want to. That’s why your daily diet doesn’t often provide the required amounts of vitamins and minerals. One solution to increase the nourishment value of your diet is by taking vitamin supplements Australia nutrition specialists suggest. It’s important to mention however that dietary supplements are nor supposed to be used as a substitute for food simply because they can’t compensate for all the essential nutrients that whole foods can provide. The main benefit of including mineral and vitamin supplements in your everyday diet is prevention of deficiencies.
When the food you’re eating doesn’t include all the necessary nutrients such as Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, calcium, etc., taking vitamin supplements Australia nutritionists suggest can increase your nutritional intake and prevent deficiencies that can lead to chronic conditions. Dietary supplements can be particularity beneficial for people that already suffer from a medical condition that causes deficiencies. Pregnant women and people with dietary restrictions like vegans should also include supplements into their daily diet plan. To make the most of the vitamin supplementation it’s essential to use it in combination with a healthy diet. Let’s take a look at some essential vitamins and minerals and the role they play for your overall health.
- Vitamin A – it helps your body fight off infections and diseases and is essential for the normal function of your immune system. It can also prevent the appearance of wrinkles and acne, thus keeping your skin healthy and youthful.
- Vitamin C – is essential for the formation and maintenance of healthy and strong bones since it promotes assimilation of calcium and prevents the formation of cells that dissolve calcium out of the bone. It also has a major role in the production of collagen, thus promoting healthy skin and faster wound healing.
- Vitamin E – can boost the immune system and provide protection against heart disease. Taking vitamin E supplements can be very beneficial when recovering from some kind of injury considering they can speed up the healing of injuries and wounds.
- Calcium – is required for the formation of healthy bone tissue, so it has the role to keep your bones healthy and strong. This type of mineral can also reduce the risk of certain forms of cancers, such as colon cancer and can help lower high-blood pressure.
- Iron – has the purpose to carry oxygen around the body and increase energy levels. Extreme tiredness is the main sign of iron deficiency and supplements containing this essential mineral can help the body fight off fatigue and stress.